Skip to main content

Why Not Tito Ash?

While I was at IGA last Saturday, my brother, Earl, video-called me on messenger. I still picked up even though I was in public because (1) I don’t care what others think, I will always answer a call from my family and (2) they don’t often call me. 

I announced that I was outside getting groceries.

Without missing a beat, my perfect niece asked, “Why not Tito Ash?” 

In the Philippines, they only give one person from each household to have a “quarantine pass.” The pass holder will be in charge of all tasks and chores that require going outside. At home, my brother is the chosen one so he takes care of groceries, among other things.

I found it fascinating that she drew that parallelism so quickly. “At home, my dad gets the groceries, so in your home, the dad should also be getting the groceries.” It also shows how kids need consistency to help them understand the world that grows every single day in their eyes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nineteen Days

A couple of days short of three weeks without the Facebook app on my phone or iPad, I downloaded it last Saturday to share a video of me playing the Super Mario Brothers Main Theme . I’ve been practising it for close to two months now. And up until last Saturday, I haven’t been able to record it with no errors. I still had a couple of minor errors (one misplaced note and one missed beat) but I’ve decided it was good enough. While I still cared about the number of likes it generated, I didn’t care as obsessively as I used to. I tried to focus more on who did like it, instead of wondering why so and so didn’t. I’m gonna try to go a little longer this time, maybe even get to the end of the three weeks, maybe four. In the mean time, I will be uploading my music on my YouTube channel.  Here’s a challenge — What if I try to get to ten videos on my channel before sharing anything else on my IG or FB? Then there’s a reason to plug it, right? I wonder though if I’d still care to plug by then. I