Skip to main content

Nineteen Days

A couple of days short of three weeks without the Facebook app on my phone or iPad, I downloaded it last Saturday to share a video of me playing the Super Mario Brothers Main Theme. I’ve been practising it for close to two months now. And up until last Saturday, I haven’t been able to record it with no errors. I still had a couple of minor errors (one misplaced note and one missed beat) but I’ve decided it was good enough.

While I still cared about the number of likes it generated, I didn’t care as obsessively as I used to. I tried to focus more on who did like it, instead of wondering why so and so didn’t. I’m gonna try to go a little longer this time, maybe even get to the end of the three weeks, maybe four. In the mean time, I will be uploading my music on my YouTube channel. 

Here’s a challenge — What if I try to get to ten videos on my channel before sharing anything else on my IG or FB? Then there’s a reason to plug it, right? I wonder though if I’d still care to plug by then. It’s like The Bet by Anton Chekhov. I’m gonna give it a go!

Comments